Drigan Wieder, MD
Dr. Drigan Wieder considers his patients as friends. He loves that no patient or surgery is ever the same and each offers a unique challenge. His energy and enthusiasm for his work make him an approachable, fun doctor—the kind you can look forward to seeing.
- Arthroscopic shoulder reconstructions
- Fracture care
- Orthopedic surgery
- Platelet-rich plasma injections
- Sports medicine
- Trauma and reconstructive surgery
- Bachelor of Arts in Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology: University of Colorado, Boulder, CO
- Doctor of Medicine: University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, CO
- General Surgery Internship: University of Utah Hospital, Salt Lake City, UT
- Orthopedic Residency: University of Utah Hospital, Salt Lake City, UT
- Research Fellowship: Orthopaedic Associates of Aspen, Aspen, CO
Dr. Wieder is a Boulder native, and he began his interest in medicine at an early age. When he was about twelve years old, he crushed his finger in a climbing accident and visited with an orthopedist who encouraged his interest by chatting with him about medicine. The orthopedist even offered to let the future Dr. Wieder go on rounds with him!
Dr. Wieder and his wife live in Sunshine Canyon in Boulder with their two children. He is an avid outdoorsman and enjoys backpacking, fly fishing, skiing, and cycling in the Colorado outdoors.