Kristen Matoba, PT, DPT, SCS, has been with BoulderCentre for Orthopedics & Spine since 2015. She has worked in various settings since graduating in 2013, but her passion is for sports medicine. She completed orthopedic clinical internships with Centura Health Penrose-St. Francis Health Services in Colorado Springs, Colorado, and Kaiser Permanente in San Marcos, California. In 2019, she completed two years of clinical and didactical work, including acute care, venue coverage to become a board-certified sports physical therapist.
- Sports and orthopedic physical therapy
- Owens Recovery Science Blood Flow Restriction Certified
- Kinetacore Functional Dry Needling Level I & II Certified
- Graston Technique® level I
- Orthopedics and sports medicine physical therapy education
- Eclectic approach to manual therapy
- Acute care training through NOLS WFA
- Board-certified sports physical therapist
- Bachelor of Science in Health and Exercise Science-Sports Medicine: Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO
- Doctorate in Physical Therapy With an Emphasis in Manual Therapy: University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences, San Marcos, CA
Kristen's focus is on finding the source of dysfunction, providing healing manual therapies, and encouraging healthy movement through corrective and functional exercise.