Dr. Erik Bowman is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon with extensive fellowship training in adult reconstruction of the hip and knee. Available to see patients in Boulder and Lafayette,
After receiving his Bachelor of Engineering degree from The University of Tennessee in Knoxville, Dr. Bowman earned his Doctor of Medicine degree from The University of Tennessee Health Science Center in Memphis. He went on to complete his residency training in orthopedic surgery at the University of Nebraska Medical Center in Omaha. Following his residency, Dr. Bowman underwent additional training through an adult reconstruction of the hip and knee fellowship at the University of Louisville in Kentucky.
As a fellowship-trained adult reconstruction surgeon, Dr. Bowman is highly skilled at performing a wide array of procedures for the hip and knee. This includes Mako robotic-assisted hip, knee, and partial knee replacements, anterior hip replacement, and total knee replacement. However, he only considers surgical options after all conservative nonoperative treatments have failed to provide his patient with relief.
Dr. Bowman is referred the most complex hip and knee arthritis and complications. In fact, orthopedic surgeons in the region refer him the most complex problems with their total knee and hip replacements. In his short time, he has garnered a reputation among regional orthopedic surgeons and doctors for treating patients with expert care for complex problems.
- Mako robotic-assisted hip, knee, and partial knee replacements
- Direct anterior hip replacement
- Knee and partial knee replacement
- Fractures around implants
- Lower extremity fractures
- Joint injections
- Bachelor of Engineering in Biomedical Engineering: The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN
- Doctor of Medicine: The University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, TN
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE
- Adult Reconstruction of the Hip and Knee Fellowship: University of Louisville, Louisville, KY
- Board-Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Outside of providing joint care for the hip and knee, Dr. Bowman enjoys spending time with his dogs as well as staying active by hiking, cycling, mountain biking, and doing CrossFit.