Erik C. Bowman, MD
Adult Reconstruction of the Hip and Knee
Dr. Erik Bowman is an orthopedic surgeon with extensive fellowship training in adult reconstruction of the hip and knee. Available to see patients in Boulder and Lafayette,
After receiving his Bachelor of Engineering degree from The University of Tennessee in Knoxville, Dr. Bowman earned his Doctor of Medicine degree from The University of Tennessee Health Science Center in Memphis. He went on to complete his residency training in orthopedic surgery at the University of Nebraska Medical Center in Omaha. Following his residency, Dr. Bowman underwent additional training through an adult reconstruction of the hip and knee fellowship at the University of Louisville in Kentucky.
As a fellowship-trained adult reconstruction surgeon, Dr. Bowman is highly skilled at performing a wide array of procedures for the hip and knee. This includes complex joint revision, anterior hip replacement, total knee replacement, and robotic-assisted joint replacement. However, he only considers surgical options after all conservative nonoperative treatments have failed to provide his patient with relief.
- Complex hip and knee revision surgery
- Robotic-assisted knee, partial knee, and hip replacement
- Direct anterior hip replacement
- Knee and partial knee replacement
- Fractures around implants
- Lower extremity fractures
- Joint injections
- Bachelor of Engineering in Biomedical Engineering: The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN
- Doctor of Medicine: The University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, TN
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE
- Adult Reconstruction of the Hip and Knee Fellowship: University of Louisville, Louisville, KY
Outside of providing joint care for the hip and knee, Dr. Bowman enjoys spending time with his dogs as well as staying active by hiking, cycling, mountain biking, and doing CrossFit.