Dr. Steven Gross is a board-certified and fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon who specializes in orthopedic trauma and fracture management. His expertise includes malunion and nonunion repair, deformity correction, infection treatment, and joint replacement as well as fracture repair and reconstruction. Committed to offering the most effective and up-to-date treatments, he works with patients collaboratively to help them return to a normal life quickly and safely.
Dr. Gross earned his Bachelor of Science degree in biology from Duke University in Durham, North Carolina. He then attended the University of Michigan Medical School in Ann Arbor to complete his Doctor of Medicine degree. Upon graduating, he underwent an orthopedic surgery residency at NYU Hospital for Joint Diseases. He then spent an additional year of advanced training in an orthopedic trauma and fracture management fellowship at Carolinas Medical Center in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, Dr. Gross is also a fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons as well as a member of the Orthopaedic Trauma Association and Wilderness Medical Society. As a specialist in musculoskeletal dysfunction and injuries, he strives to help his patients regain their mobility so they can return to the life they love.
- Upper and lower extremity (arm and leg/foot) fracture repair
- Pelvic and acetabular (hip socket) fracture surgery
- Complex fracture repair and reconstruction
- Nonunion and malunion repair
- Deformity correction
- Infection treatment
- Joint replacement
- Nonoperative fracture management
- Post-traumatic arthritis and deformity management
- Bachelor of Science in Biology: Duke University, Durham, NC
- Doctor of Medicine: University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: NYU Hospital for Joint Diseases, New York, NY
- Orthopedic Trauma and Fracture Management Fellowship: Carolinas Medical Center, Charlotte, NC
- Board-Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Distinctions and Recognition
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Member of the Orthopaedic Trauma Association
- Member of the Wilderness Medical Society
Outside of working, Dr. Gross can be found spending time with his family, hiking, skiing, backpacking, woodworking, and playing guitar.