Dr. Kathleen Kollitz is a board-certified, fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon who specializes in providing nonsurgical and surgical care for disorders of the hand, wrist, and elbow. Having completed extensive training in the hand and upper extremity, Dr. Kollitz is highly skilled at delivering the expert orthopedic care her patients need to get back to the activities they love.
Dr. Kollitz completed her undergraduate training at Stanford University. She went to medical school at Duke University School of Medicine in Durham, North Carolina, where she spent one year performing basic science research in hand surgery and was awarded the prestigious Dean of Medical School Merit Scholarship in her final year.
She went on to complete her residency in orthopedic surgery at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota, and she spent one year performing basic science research in brachial plexus injuries and nerve regeneration. She holds a master’s degree from Mayo Clinic and has given presentations at numerous national hand surgery conferences.
She completed a combined orthopedic and plastic surgery hand fellowship at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas. She received multiple awards during training, including election to Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society and election to the Gold Humanism in Medicine Honor Society for her compassionate care of patients.
- Carpal tunnel release
- Endoscopic carpal tunnel release
- Cubital tunnel release
- Trigger finger
- Thumb carpometacarpal arthroplasty
- Distal radius fractures
- Tendon transfers
- Nerve transfers and nerve grafting
- Hand, wrist, and elbow fractures
- Dupuytren's disease
- Hand, wrist, and elbow injections
- Hand, wrist, and elbow arthritis
- Joint injections
- Bachelor of Science in Symbolic Systems: Stanford University, Palo Alto, CA
- Doctorate of Medicine: Duke University School of Medicine, Durham, NC
- Residency in Orthopedic Surgery: Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
- Master’s Degree in Orthopedic Surgery: Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
- Fellowship in Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery: Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
Distinctions and Recognition
- Member, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Candidate Member, American Society for Surgery of the Hand
- Candidate Member, American Association for Hand Surgery
- Dean of Medical School Merit Scholarship
- Gold Humanism in Medicine Award
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- American Foundation for Surgery of the Hand Research Grant Recipient
Dr. Kollitz has a special interest in nerve surgery, wrist and elbow fractures, endoscopic carpal tunnel release, and arthritic conditions of the hand.
When she is not providing patients with hand and upper extremity care, Dr. Kollitz enjoys spending time with her family as well as staying active by biking, hiking, and skiing.
Dr. Kollitz Patient Reviews
If you have been a patient of Dr. Kollitz and want to leave a review, please visit her Google reviews page.