Dr. Meredith Mayo is an orthopedic surgeon with fellowship training in both sports medicine and complex shoulder surgery. With availability in both Boulder and Lafayette, she specializes in the orthopedic treatment of injuries to the shoulder, elbow, and knee as well as upper and lower extremity fractures.
While playing Division I soccer, Dr. Mayo graduated from the University of Pennsylvania with honors. She earned her Doctor of Medicine degree from Emory University School of Medicine in Atlanta, Georgia. Dr. Mayo went on to complete her orthopedic surgery residency at the University of Colorado School of Medicine, where she was able to learn the needs of Coloradans.
To further focus on the care of active patients, she pursued advanced fellowship training at Stanford University in complex, minimally invasive knee and shoulder procedures as well as shoulder replacement surgery. During that time, she also took care of the San Francisco 49ers, members of the U.S. Women’s National Team for soccer, and NCAA national champions.
Throughout her training, she has received multiple scholarships and awards for merit, patient care, and professional leadership.
- Acromioclavicular reconstruction
- Anatomic and reverse shoulder replacement
- Biceps treatment
- Knee cartilage transplantation and treatment
- Knee injection
- Knee ligament repair and reconstruction
- Lower extremity fracture fixation
- Meniscus repair and treatment
- Open and arthroscopic shoulder stabilization
- Patellar stabilization
- Platelet-rich plasma injection
- Rotator cuff repair
- Shoulder arthroscopy
- Shoulder injection
- Superior capsular reconstruction
- Upper extremity fracture fixation
- Bachelor of Arts in Biology and American History: University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- Doctor of Medicine: Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA
- General Surgery Internship: University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, CO
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, CO
- Sports Medicine and Shoulder Surgery Fellowship: Stanford University, Palo Alto, CA
In her free time, Dr. Mayo loves trail running, biking, and skiing with her husband and sons.
Our office hours have changed in observance of Thanksgiving. Have a safe and wonderful holiday!x