Dr. William Kramer is a board-certified, fellowship-trained foot and ankle orthopedic surgeon in Boulder, Colorado. As one of Boulder County’s expert, fellowship-trained orthopedic foot and ankle surgeons, Dr. Kramer is highly skilled at providing treatment and care for bone, joint, muscle, tendon, and ligament injuries and conditions of the foot and ankle. He is dedicated to providing his patients with individualized care and enjoys getting them back on their feet and back to the sports and activities they enjoy.
As a specialty-trained ankle and foot surgeon, Dr. Kramer is an expert at performing a wide array of ankle and foot surgeries and treatments. This includes bunion surgery, total ankle replacement, ankle arthroscopy, and surgical fracture care. He also treats a broad range of injuries and conditions of the lower leg, big toe, foot, ankle, forefoot, heel, and toes, including bunions, hammertoes, and Achilles tendon injuries as well as degenerative conditions, such as arthritis, and traumatic and overuse injuries. Additionally, Dr. Kramer is committed to learning the latest and most advanced evidence-based surgeries and treatment options for the foot and ankle.
Dr. Kramer is a Colorado native as well as a graduate of the University of Colorado Boulder. In addition to providing his patients with expert ankle and foot care, he is involved in orthopedic research. Dr. Kramer has written research publications concerning the biology of cartilage and the molecular mechanisms of cartilage degeneration and is also currently active in ongoing research in foot deformity correction.
Additionally, Dr. Kramer is one of the expert orthopedic foot and ankle surgeons that makes up our Foot & Ankle Team. As a member of that team, he is committed to offering patients exceptional ankle and foot care as well as comprehensive education. To learn more about our Foot & Ankle Team, please use the button below.
Dr. Kramer joined BoulderCentre for Orthopedics & Spine in 2015. He is available to see patients at our Boulder location.
Foot & Ankle
- Ankle and foot surgery
- Ankle replacement
- Arthroscopic ankle surgery
- Bunion surgery
- Complex deformity correction
- Degenerative conditions, such as arthritis
- Arthroscopic knee surgery
- Degenerative conditions
- Knee reconstructive surgery
- Orthopedic surgery
- Traumatic and overuse injuries
- Traumatic injuries and fracture care
- Bachelor of Arts in Biochemistry: University of Colorado, Boulder, CO
- Doctor of Medicine: University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, CO
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: University of Kansas Medical Center, Lawrence, KS
- Foot and Ankle Surgery Fellowship: Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society
Distinctions and Recognition
- Mary and Frederico Alder Resident Award for Outstanding Orthopedic Research
- James B. Olney Award for Best Orthopedic In-Training Exam Score
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- During medical school, he participated in a medical mission trip to Guatemala.
- While in college, Dr. Kramer skied competitively in mogul competitions for the University of Colorado Freestyle Ski team.
- In 2002, William Kramer completed a 3,700-mile cross-country bicycle ride, raising funds and awareness for people with disabilities.
Dr. Kramer enjoys working within the subspecialized field of the foot and ankle and providing care and treatment for foot problems and ankle injuries. One of his favorite things about this field is all of the patients he gets to meet and help get back to an active lifestyle.
Outside of providing ankle and foot care for his patients, Dr. Kramer enjoys skiing, waterskiing, hiking, cycling, running, playing golf, and being outdoors. Above all, he loves spending time with his wife and two boys.
Our office hours have changed in observance of Independence Day. Have a safe and wonderful holiday!x