Our specialty-trained hand doctors at BoulderCentre for Orthopedics are the area's distinguished experts in the diagnosis and treatment of patients' hand injuries and conditions.
Your hands are an essential part of your body that are continuously used for nearly every activity you perform throughout the day. Because of this, injuries can easily develop resulting in pain that affects your daily routine. Overuse injuries are common in the hand and can affect the bones, tendons, and ligaments. The joints can also wear down over time resulting in chronic pain. However, no matter the type of pain you are experiencing, a hand doctor can help diagnose your injury or condition and offer treatment options to provide relief.
Know When It's Time to See a Hand Doctor Near You
You should make an appointment with a hand doctor near you if you notice any of the following symptoms:
- Cramps or stiffness that does not allow you to extend your fingers
- Cysts on your fingers or wrists
- Finger joint pain when trying to perform activities like gripping or twisting
- Grinding or clicking sounds when bending or extending your fingers
- Pain in your fingers or thumb when bending or extending them
- Pain that radiates from your hand up to your elbow
- Swelling, redness, or bruising
- Tingling or numbness in your hand or fingers
These symptoms may be an indication of an injury or condition like the following, which our doctors can diagnose and treat:
- Arthritis (including basal thumb arthritis)
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Deformities or traumatic injuries
- Dupuytren's disease
- Fractures of the hand, finger, or thumb
- Ganglion cysts
- Mallet finger
- Tendon or nerve injuries
- Trigger finger
Our hand specialists understand that pain in your hand and wrist can dramatically affect your daily life. To consult with one of our orthopedic doctors, you can request an appointment online or call 303.449.2730 for an appointment. We have locations in Boulder and Lafayette.
Get Your Life Back in Motion With BoulderCentre for Orthopedics
When it comes to choosing the right doctor to treat your injury or condition, there are a number of factors that you should take into consideration, including their professional training and level of expertise.
Our board-certified orthopedic surgeons at BoulderCentre for Orthopedics, David J. Conyers, MD, Dirk W. Dolbeare, MD, Daniel L. Master, MD, and Lynn A. Voss, MD, have all completed specialty training specifically in the hand and upper extremity. Some of our doctors have completed fellowship training, which is an extra year of schooling dedicated solely to obtaining the advanced skills and knowledge needed in order to treat conditions and injuries relating to a specific area of the body or medical specialty. Our hand doctors have the expertise to diagnose and treat your hand or wrist injury or condition individually to your specific needs.
To treat your hand injury or condition, our doctors will always recommend conservative treatment methods first, such as physical therapy or injections. However, there are some instances where these nonsurgical methods do not provide adequate relief and hand surgery is necessary in order to restore your health. Our hand surgeons specialize in performing a variety of procedures, which include:
- Carpal tunnel release surgery (including endoscopic)
- Digit widget application for Dupuytren's disease
- Dupuytren's disease surgery (fasciectomy)
- Fracture repair of the finger and thumb
- Ganglion cyst removal
- Guyon's canal decompression
- Joint replacement of the finger and thumb
- Nerve repair
- Nerve transfer
- Trigger finger release
In addition to providing state-of-the-art nonsurgical and surgical care, our surgeons also work closely with our physical therapists, taking a team approach in your recovery with the goal of getting you back to your healthy, active lifestyle.
To consult with one of our BoulderCentre for Orthopedics hand surgeons about your injury or condition and the available treatment options, please request an appointment online or call 303.449.2730.