Our specialty-trained physiatrist at BoulderCentre for Orthopedics is the area's distinguished expert in the diagnosis and treatment of patients' injuries and conditions.
Physiatry, also known as physical medicine and rehabilitation, is a specialty area of medicine that focuses on finding the source of musculoskeletal pain and using nonsurgical treatment methods to help restore function. Physiatrists believe in looking at the whole patient and not just one symptom or condition. While they do not perform surgery, physiatrists or PM&R specialists do provide many different conservative options.
Know When It's Time to See a Physiatrist Near You
You should seek medical attention from a physiatrist near you to discuss available treatment options if you notice any of the following symptoms:
- Chronic back pain (upper, mid, or lower spine)
- Continued pain after an injury or car accident
- Continued pain after surgery
- Muscle spasms
- Muscle weakness
- Numbness or tingling in your arms or legs
- Pain that prevents you from doing daily activities
- Shooting or sudden pain
These symptoms may be an indication of a more serious injury or condition like the following, which our doctor can diagnose and treat:
- Bulging or herniated discs
- Chronic pain
- Complex regional pain syndrome
- Nerve damage (including pinched nerves)
- Spinal cord injury
- Sports injuries
- Strains or sprains of the muscles
Our physiatrist understands that pain can dramatically affect your daily life. To consult with our physician about your care, you can request an appointment online or call 303.449.2730 for an appointment. We have locations in Boulder and Lafayette.
Get Your Life Back in Motion With BoulderCentre for Orthopedics
When it comes to choosing the right doctor to treat your injury or condition, there are a number of factors that you should take into consideration, including their professional training and level of expertise.
Our physiatrist at BoulderCentre for Orthopedics, Elizabeth F. Yurth, MD, has completed additional fellowship training specifically in physical medicine and rehabilitation, which is an extra year of schooling dedicated solely to obtaining the advanced skills and knowledge needed in order to treat conditions and injuries relating to a specific area of the body or medical specialty. Our physiatrist has the expertise to diagnose your injury or condition and develop a treatment plan specific to your individual needs.
Our physiatrist specializes in the following treatment options:
- Analysis (blood, genomic, nutrient)
- Injections (alpha 2 macroglobulin, amniotic membrane, PRP, stem cell, spinal)
- Intradiscal electrothermal annuloplasty (uses thermal energy to treat disc problems)
- Percutaneous decompression (uses a suction device to nonsurgically remove disc protrusions and help with back and leg pain)
- Pulsed radiofrequency neurolysis (uses radiofrequency waves to treat specific types of back pain)
In addition to providing state-of-the-art nonsurgical care, our physiatrist also works closely with our physical therapists, taking a team approach in your rehabilitation and recovery with the goal of getting you back to your healthy, active lifestyle.
To consult with our BoulderCentre for Orthopedics physiatrist about your injury or condition and the available treatment options, please request an appointment online or call 303.449.2730.