Daniel L. Master, MD, is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon who also holds a subspecialty certificate in surgery of the hand from the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery and the American Society for Surgery of the Hand. He specializes in the orthopedic treatment of the hand, wrist, elbow, and shoulder. Dr. Master completed his orthopedic surgery residency at the University Hospitals Case Medical Center in Cleveland, OH, and his hand and upper limb fellowship at Stanford University Medical Center in Palo Alto, CA. He has received multiple awards during his training including the Jacquelin Perry Award from the Orthopaedic Rehabilitation Association, the Mayfield Basic Science Award from the American Association of Neurological Surgeons, and the Barry Friedman Award from the Orthopaedic Research Laboratories.
For more information on Dr. Master, please visit his personal website at https://www.danielmastermd-handtoshoulder.com.
- Hand, thumb, and finger fracture repair
- Trigger finger and trigger thumb release
- Carpal tunnel release (endoscopic and open)
- Complex peripheral nerve surgery
- Tendon transfers
- Xiaflex® (collagenase) injections for Dupuytren’s disease
- Digit Widget application for Dupuytren’s disease
- Dupuytren’s disease surgery
- Wrist arthroscopy
- Triangular fibrocartilage complex (TFCC) repair
- Ulnar impaction syndrome treatment
- Wrist fracture repair
- Scaphoid fracture treatment
- Scaphoid non-union repair
- Elbow fracture repair
- Forearm fracture repair
- Elbow joint replacement
- Elbow contracture release
- Cubital tunnel release and ulnar nerve transposition
- Shoulder arthroscopy
- Shoulder fracture repair
- Rotator cuff repair
- Labral repair
- Shoulder joint replacement
- Shoulder instability treatment
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology: Georgetown University, Washington, D.C.
- Doctor of Medicine: University of Connecticut School of Medicine, Farmington, CT
- General Surgery Internship: University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Cleveland, OH
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Cleveland, OH
- Orthopedic Surgery Research Fellowship: University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Cleveland, OH
- Hand and Upper Limb Fellowship: Stanford University Medical Center, Palo Alto, CA
At Stanford, Dr. Master developed the skills to perform minimally invasive surgery throughout the hand and upper extremity (hand, wrist, elbow, and shoulder). More specifically, he became a skilled wrist arthroscopist, and he learned minimally invasive techniques for the treatment of carpal tunnel syndrome, carpometacarpal arthritis, and wrist ligament injuries. He also developed skills to perform complex shoulder arthroscopy as well as primary and revision shoulder, elbow, and wrist arthroplasty for the treatment of arthritis. Dr. Master has extensive experience with tendon transfer surgery and pediatric hand surgery.
He lives with his wife and children in Boulder, CO. In his spare time, he enjoys rock climbing, backpacking, telemark skiing, and, most of all, spending time with his family.